Our property team has extensive experience in:
- assisting in the sale and purchase of commercial, residential and industrial land including off-the-plan contracts
- acting on behalf of property developers in respect of development of large residential, commercial and industrial sites throughout Victoria;
- advising in respect of tax and duty obligations and minimisation in relation to acquisitions, sales and development of land;
- acting for local government bodies in the sale and purchase of all types of land;
- advising private land owners and local government bodies in respect of easements, covenants and adverse possession claims;
- acting for owners corporation managers in respect to establishment, management and dispute resolution within owners corporations;
- acting for landlords and tenants in all forms of commercial, retail and residential tenancy lease negotiations and documentation;
- advising farmers on the purchase and sale of primary production land including associated water rights; and
- advising clients on the sale and purchase of properties in retirement villages.
We recognise that no two contracts are the same. Our team will provide you tailored advice and assist in every step of your commercial property transaction including:
- drafting the contract and vendor’s statement;
- negotiating terms on your behalf; and
- settling the matter to ensure you are recorded as owner.
When purchasing commercial property, we ensure that you:
- are fully informed of your legal rights and obligations;
- let you know what your transaction costs are including stamp duty, Titles Office fees and legal costs; and
- have access to an experienced team who can help you carry out appropriate due diligence investigations on the property.
When selling property, our team will:
- advise you of your pre-contract disclosure obligations with respect to the property;
- work with your accountant and financial advisors to ensure the contract is structured to minimise any GST and other tax liabilities; and
- ensure you are appropriately protected in respect of any ongoing rights up to and following settlement.
If you are looking for assistance with residential properties, check out our Conveyancing page for further information.
TALK TO OUR TEAM
Please fill out the form to make an enquiry and
our team will be in touch shortly.