Our Farming Services
Agricultural and farming laws and regulations in Australia can be a minefield. Beck Legal advises farmers, co-operatives, agricultural service providers, technology providers, companies and families in all aspects of farming law. Our expertise stretches from rural succession planning to farming land sales, and everything in between. It is important to have a legal team in your corner who understands the intricacies of the farming regulations and also the reality of working in the agricultural industry, and at Beck Legal a number of our lawyers come from agricultural backgrounds.
Sale and Purchase of Farming Land
There is more to a sale or purchase of farming land than the regular conveyancing process. Unique issues must be considered, and our expert team will ensure:
- You have considered surveying, and investigated whether any boundary disputes exist;
- Water entitlements are properly dealt with;
- Enclosure permits are transferred across;
- Confirming whether any stock diseases or contaminations are present or on record;
- Any Rural Lands Protection Board rates are cleared;
- Crown Leases or Licences are investigated and dealt with;
- The zoning is suitable; and
- Appropriate road access exists.
Other Farming and Agricultural Services
Beck Legal is a full-service law firm, and has the resources and skills to advise on all aspects of farming and agricultural legal matters including:
- Preparation and review of contracts, including supply and purchase agreements and services agreements;
- Employment law;
- Land and environmental regulation, including surface and ground water;
- Farming leases, including share farming;
- Succession planning;
- Structuring for farming operations and service providers;
- Planning, easement, covenant and boundary matters;
- Assisting to resolve conflicts within rural families;
Why work with Beck Legal?
Farming is a lifecycle, and you need a legal team that can act for you in all matters that will arise during that lifecycle. Beck Legal gets the farming and agricultural industry, and when you work with us you will benefit from our experience in acting for farming families, businesses and co-operatives across Victoria for more than 35 years.
For more information about our farming and agricultural land services, get in touch today.